A quick update on what has happened since I was last here.
- We are still on our little farm with sheep, goats, chickens and now a cow! We have been hatching our own eggs and raising the roosters for meat.
- I have completed a couple of gardening courses learning about Permaculture and am working on applying the principles to our block.
- I am in the process of designing a forest garden within my existing orchard. As this progresses I will share more information on how this is going.
- I have been dabbling with more preserving techniques such as dehydrating, fruit liqueurs, jams, and chutneys.
Goals for this year
- Continue to learn about and apply permaculture principles, including establishing forest gardens.
- Make cheese, butter and yogurt with our raw milk.
- More homegrown meals.
Let me know if you have any other recommendations.