Monday, August 1, 2011

Spring has sprung.......!

No not really but we have had 3 lovely sunny days in a row.  Snow drops and snow flakes are flowering, and it just feels like we are on the downhill slide to summer!  I know I know there was snow in the garden last week!
My Dublin Bay rose is still flowering and as a result I have not cut it back for winter.  The beautiful red blooms were a picture with the snow.

On Sunday I dug over the vege garden and spread round some compost much to the delight of the chooks.  I'm sure I lost a few valuable worms in the ensuing carnage!  A good frost this morning will help break down the clods, and help the girls to get it ready for planting.

The Warehouse had 30% off seeds the other week so I stocked up on some baby carrots, savoy cabbage, nasturtiums, lettuce, and broccoli.  My plan is to sow some seeds over the next week and keep them inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment