Monday, July 25, 2011

Planning the vege garden

Over this year I have been completing a Certificate in Sustainable Growing with the Otago Polytechnic.  I have one module left to go on the Level 2 certificate.  I have learnt a lot, and am more determined than ever to embrace Organic growing methods.
The garden at the moment has been well cleared by the chooks, and I have been procrastinating about getting sorted for spring.
The house is still on the market, and in all honesty I don't want to go to a lot of effort in case we sell.  However, we are very lean on veges in the ground, limited to silverbeet, a few carrots, and some broccoli seedlings doing their best to grow.  At the moment they are under snow so that will slow things down a bit!
To do list:
Study gardening calendar, and books to decide on veges to grow in spring
Check seeds to see if I need to buy any
Sow seeds in trays if applicable
Dig over soil in garden and fence off from chooks
Sow seeds direct once snow cleared and ground warmed up a little

No comments:

Post a Comment