Monday, January 16, 2012

Big changes

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted.  Here is a brief run down on what has happened with my family since September.
1.  We have sold our house.  Finally, after 15 months it sold.  Very easily in the end.  Initially we had to move out by the end of October, but fortunately that changed.  We are still renting the house of the new owner.
2. I got pregnant. It was planned but perhaps not the best timing.
3. My 3 hens were killed by a wandering dog.  Less said the better here, but it still annoys me some people with dogs can't be more responsible.
4. Christmas and New Year craziness
5. I lost the baby last week and so I am back looking for a little focus in my life.

The garden is looking good.  We had 50mls of rain in less than 24 hours over Thurs/Fri of last week which has set the garden and local farms up for the rest of summer.
We have been eating broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, peas, rhubarb and currants out of the garden.  The plum tree (which I will sadly miss when we finally move) is heaving with fruit and I have been sneaking down for the odd one.  Not fully ready but not far away.
I've stocked up on sugar and preserving lids ready for the onslaught.  Will be good to fill the preserving jars again.

Dublin Bay is in full glory as I look out the window.  Nature certainly heals you when you are low.

Taking deep breaths - what I breath out is what trees breath in; what I breath in is what trees breath out.

No comments:

Post a Comment